Lee A. Hutton, III – Select Representative Matters
Lee has extensive experience representing clients in commercial matters, including products liability cases and actions involving breach of contract, real estate, and employment issues. Among other things, Lee has:
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of manufacturer of commercial dishwashing device in an action venued in Federal District Court in Minnesota in which the plaintiff alleged the manufacturer’s product was defectively designed and manufactured such that it produced electric shocks that caused severe injury to plaintiff. The jury took 30 minutes to finalize their verdict in favor of Defendant.
- Obtained a not-guilty verdict and complete defense verdict in two related trials (criminal/civil) resulting from a bus driver/pedestrian accident.
- Obtained a $500,000 verdict for Minnesota homeowners against their real estate agent in a lawsuit involving the agent’s failure to disclose important information, breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation and fraud.
- Obtained $732,000 in favor of Minnesota homeowners against the former owner of the property in a lawsuit alleging fraud, misrepresentation, and violations of Minnesota Statutes.
- Successful defense of breach of contract actions brought by contractors against developer of commercial property resulting in dismissal.
- Represented athletes in rights of publicity case resulting in multimillion-dollar settlement.
- Represented male and female athletes in antitrust lawsuit against various sports conferences.
- Represented professional and college athletes in concussion claims.
Lee’s resume is bolstered by some of the nation’s most visible cases in entertainment litigation. As an entertainment lawyer, Lee represents celebrities, athletes, teams, and coaches in litigation, endorsement deals, and contract negotiations. He also protects teams, players, and celebrities from extortion attempts, and advises on brand protection and crisis communications. Lee’s entertainment law successes include the following:
- Represented NBA player Kris Humphries in successfully resolving his high-profile divorce to reality tv and social media star Kim Kardashian.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of NBA player Kris Humphries against plaintiff who falsely alleged that Mr. Humphries gave her a sexually transmitted infection and upheld the standard of law for bringing personal injury claims in California.
- Successfully resolved a false and salacious allegation against a high-profile client, including by successfully prosecuting the client’s extortion claim against the accuser and procuring a public apology from the accuser for making false accusations.
- Successfully defended client’s ability to continue being an NBA agent after allegations of misconduct stemming from FBI investigation into improper benefits to athletes.
- Obtained not guilty verdict for professional athlete accused of terroristic threats.
- Handled over 100+ employment investigation for Fortune 500 Company.
- Obtained complete summary judgment in favor of food vendor client alleged of violating Minnesota whistle blower statutes.
- Successfully defended race discrimination claim before Hennepin County judge.
- Successfully tried dissolution of 20-year marriage and assisted client in transitioning to life after divorce.
- Successfully tried case with trial team resulting in the court invading non-marital assets.
- Handled cases for a non-profit organization obtaining orders for protection and harassment restraining orders for individuals needing legal assistance.